The LAUNCH™ HD3 Heavy Duty Truck Add-On Module is perfect for a shop that works on both heavy-duty (Class 4 through 8) and medium-duty trucks. This add-on Module turns existing LAUNCH™ X-431 Throttle and X-431 Pad II AE, into full function Heavy Duty Truck Scan Tools.
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Supports modern trucks with OBD2 connector .
- This Kit does NOT include the OBD1 plug connector kit for old trucks. Must buy OBD1 connector kit as an EXTRA. (R6000)
- This KIT also only supports trucks, as it does not have SMARTLINK module as required for for cars.
- It does not provide the expert functions that Smartlink does. A Smartlink doubles as an HD heavy duty interface (24V). Must buy the software / module and cables if you want them to use Smartlink for 24V trucks. OPTIONAL
The unit communicates via Bluetooth or it can be hardwired to a vehicle with 12 volt or 24 volt systems. It supports the following special functions, Component Replacement, Cylinder Compression Tests, Injector Cut Out Tests and DPF Regeneration.
The add-on module works on various systems, including Engine, Transmissions, ABS, and Auxiliary from manufacturers such as Wabco, Bendex, and Allison. The tool can be used on vehicles including, Cummins, Detroit, Freightliner, Fuso, Hino, International, Isuzu, KW, Peterbilt, Sterling, and Volvo.
Please make sure the diagnostic coverage suits your needs.
- Detailed software coverage and function coverage can be seen HERE
(select “heavy-duty series”)