Launch™ X-431 Pro 5 LINK with Smartlink VCi for Super Remote Diagnostics (SRD).
A development of the successful Pro 5 Plus, The PRO 5 Link is supplied with the latest Launch development, the advanced Smartlink®C VCI. This advanced interface supports multiple communication and diagnostic protocols, these include, DOIP, CAN FD, J2534/1/2, D-PDU, RP-1210/C, 5GMHz wi-fi, Ethernet, USB 2.0. Typically, 3 years software update included.
The Smartlink®C also supports Launch SRD (super remote diagnosis), this new development in diagnostics allows a technician to call a service provider who using the Smartlink®B device will connect to the vehicle remotely. It is then possible to carry out almost any diagnostic or programming function, on almost any vehicle using OEM or aftermarket tools.
The PRO 5 Link uses the latest in Launch diagnostic technology. Intelligent diagnostics automatically identifies the vehicle through the VIN. Over 70 car brands are covered, all with in-depth module information. 15 reset and special functions are included in the software. Fault codes can be resolved using the Launch™ CarSet database powered by Haynes Pro. Using guided diagnostics and technical information the technician following a test plan can resolve the fault issue.
ADAS dynamic calibrations are included, static calibrations are covered with purchase of the ADAS PRO & ADAS Mobile calibration frames.
The Smartlink®C can also be used as an interface for truck diagnostics. The software and comprehensive connector kit are an optional purchase. The Launch TruckSet database is also available to purchase
THE LAUNCH™ X431 PRO 5 LINK IS A HIGH-END PROFESSIONAL DIAGNOSTIC DEVICE, BASED ON THE LATEST ANDROID OS 9.0.
The Pro 5 Link inherits the hallmark Launch™ benefits of wide vehicle coverage, powerful test functions, accurate test data and numerous special functions. It comes in a robust carry case with all necessary leads and a wide selection of legacy OBD 1 adapters.
- The PRO 5 Link supports the optional HD3 Truck module, and Launch ADAS system.
- A key feature of the new PRO5 Link is a fully integrated version of the Haynes PRO Electronic module. (UK)
- The PRO 5 Link comes with a two-year warranty, two-year software package and a one-year subscription to the Electronics module.
- ‘Plus’ denotes Launch UK’s exclusive specification with 64 GB of storage and HaynesPro.
- Austrian OBD*
Special reset functions:
- Brake Reset
- Oil/Service light reset
- Steering angle
- Battery Matching
- Brake Bleeding
- Electric throttle relearns
- TPMS reset
- DPF regeneration
- Adaptive front lighting reset (AFS)
- Crankshaft position learn
- Auto Gearbox adaption
- Injector coding
- Sunroof reset
- Suspension height setting
NB: not all functions are applicable to all models.
Launch ‘Intelligent diagnostic‘ features automatic VIN recognition for over 70 manufacturers, automatically identifying the vehicle model and year of manufacture through the VIN number. Faster and more convenient than manual selection.
Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) are clearly displayed with a full description, it is possible with one click, to display the fault code information in many alternative languages.
Two routes are possible to resolve the trouble code, a search for a solution using Google, or by using the Launch Guided Diagnosis function, powered by HaynesPRO. The Launch Guided Diagnostic function is fully integrated in the Launch PRO5 Link software. It will guide the user from reading the DTC, to step-by-step testing of all relevant components, leading to a final solution. This method will save technicians time and improve efficiency dramatically.
- Fuse and relay box locations and function overview
- Wiring diagrams for Engine management, ABS, ESP, A/C, SRS, doors, windows, exterior lighting
- Component locations and information
- Ground point locations
- Control unit locations
- Battery disconnection / reconnection procedures
- High-voltage circuit deactivation procures
- Highlight functionality to help trace wiring and component faults
Comprehensive data stream information can be displayed in different formats:
- Up to twelve different items of data can be displayed on screen together
- Four data streams can be overlaid for comparison
- Data can be displayed showing actual and standard values
- Record data when testing, for later review.
Create a clear diagnostic report showing the status of each ECU, can be saved as a screen shot or PDF, easily print or share.
Summary of the key features of the PRO 5 Link
- Wi Fi and Bluetooth V5.0 for fast and reliable connectivity
- Comprehensive live data functions
- One click software update
- Numerous reset and service functions
- Launch UK exclusive; Launch Guided diagnostics powered by Haynes PRO
- Launch ZA exclusive, two-year software updates
- Support for remote diagnostics between workshops
- Launch ZA two-year warranty support
Launch PRO 5 Link tablet specifications
- OS: Android 9.0
- CPU: 1.8Ghz 8 core
- Internal memory: 4Gb
- Storage: 64Gb with 32GB micro SD card, expandable to +128Gb
- Screen: 10.1 1920X1200 full HD IPS
- Battery: 7000mAh
- Wi Fi: 2.4 and 5Ghz
- Cameras: front 5MP, Rear 8MP
THE SMARTLINK® C VCI
Included with the Eurotab III, the new Smartlink® C communication interface represents a huge advance in diagnostic capability.
The Smartlink®C VCI attaches to the vehicle OBD port, connecting with the handset using fast Wi-Fi. In this mode it communicates using advanced protocols including DOIP, D-PDU, RP-1210 and CAN-FD.
The Smartlink® C can be used as a J2534-compliant Pass-thru device, for reprogramming ECUs with software downloaded from OEM websites. The VCI is also compatible with both passenger car and truck software, (an optional purchase).
Lastly, the Smartlink® C supports Launch Super Remote Diagnosis (SRD). Using the Smartlink platform a service provider can remotely access the vehicle and carry out advanced diagnostics, recoding and programming of ECU’s using professional diagnostic tools including OEM.
SmartLink C VCi Functions:
- Local Diagnosis VCI
- Remote Diagnosis VCI (LAUNCH SRDs)
- Compatible with DoIP
- Pass-Thru VCI
- Supports both passenger car and HD vehicles (HD Software optional)
Extend the functionality of the Launch PRO 5 Link with these options.
Launch professional ADAS solution:
There is no additional software cost. The ADAS calibration software is already embedded in the PRO 5 Plus. Various options to purchase the Launch ADAS hardware are possible, including the calibration frame and various calibration board sets.
Provides comprehensive diagnostic coverage for 100 world-wide truck brands.
Ideal for printing diagnostic data where a standard printer is unavailable.
Using the PRO 5 tablet and software already integrated in the PRO 5 APK. The VDS-600 offers a 1280X720 resolution, six levels of LED lighting, a 5.5mm lens and 800mm cable.
* Optional extra. Austrian OBD is a different protocol available from Launch. Please call for information
NB: To save you time and maintain consistency, all X431 products will be registered and updated before dispatch.
FULL VEHICLE COVERAGE
For full vehicle coverage please use our ‘Vehicle Coverage Tool‘. Select the Region, then select level of tool and specific tool you want to know coverage for.